Thursday 29 March 2012

Good bye and thank you for all the fish

Okay so this post started out as my last posting from Ireland but I ran out of time in Dublin airport so it will just have to double as my first posting from America as well.

So arrived save and sound in America after an 11 hour flight and cleared customs and immigration sucessfully, I don't know if it is a good thing or not but I really don't mind long flights these days, well not as long as I have a decent book or two.

So what are the plans for the next couple of days?
Today and Friday should involve finalising some equipment and food so a visit to REI (large outdoors shop)  is in order as well as a large supermarket to see what food I want to try (remember coming from Ireland I know what types of food I want but not specific brands or anything, so the first week on the trail may involve different brands of the same thing just to see which I prefer for the rest of the trip)
Also I need to collect some equipment that was sent on ahead.
Today will be the first time I get to see some of my key equipment including tent, stove, backback and some others.

After (and probably during)  all that I also want to have a bit of time to see.San Diego as it is my first time here and I want to get some walking in to allow myself to acclimatize to the weather, while it will be different when I hit the hills it should ease me in a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to California and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a burrito and describe it to me in every detail, worth going back for one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've arrived safe bro. Have a blast in San Diego. Keep us up to date. The first chapter in the holiday of a lifetime begins...

    ReplyDelete