Monday 9 April 2012

Lake Morena to Julien

Okay just a quick check in, I made it to Julien save and sound, lovely little town so far (I've mostly seen my bed at the hotel)

I had planned for at least three days of hiking to get here but made it in two with a 17 and then an 18 mile day which I have to say was a lot easier than I expected.
I'm planning on two days n Julien but may add an extra day to avoid a bit of a storm that may hit on Wednesday.
Most of my body is holding up well, my feet are reasonable with just a little heel pain bit, that is the good parts now for the bad, I'm just not managing to eat properly, on the trail I'm eating 1500-2000 calories (not the end of the world as I probably need to lose it anyway)  but even this ammount I have to force myself to eat. In trail towns it is actually worse, basically within 30 minutes of a proper meal I'm rushing for the bathroom.
I may see a doctor tomorrow if it does not clear up a bit, I expected to be off a bit for a week and it has only been a bit over a week since I started.
Well we will see in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment