Monday 9 April 2012

Lake Morena to Julien

Okay just a quick check in, I made it to Julien save and sound, lovely little town so far (I've mostly seen my bed at the hotel)

I had planned for at least three days of hiking to get here but made it in two with a 17 and then an 18 mile day which I have to say was a lot easier than I expected.
I'm planning on two days n Julien but may add an extra day to avoid a bit of a storm that may hit on Wednesday.
Most of my body is holding up well, my feet are reasonable with just a little heel pain bit, that is the good parts now for the bad, I'm just not managing to eat properly, on the trail I'm eating 1500-2000 calories (not the end of the world as I probably need to lose it anyway)  but even this ammount I have to force myself to eat. In trail towns it is actually worse, basically within 30 minutes of a proper meal I'm rushing for the bathroom.
I may see a doctor tomorrow if it does not clear up a bit, I expected to be off a bit for a week and it has only been a bit over a week since I started.
Well we will see in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, Just been catching up on your trip so far. Well your adventure has well and truly started, with the events to date. Hope you get the food under control. Glad to hear you have made a couple of 17,s.. Please add me to your spot alerts at your next opertunity. 73,s for now, de Tony Ei6eqb

    ReplyDelete